This blog is for documenting and keeping track of any and all wild adventures I may have on this glorious planet.

Saturday, 5 July 2008

I've arrived!

Hi everyone, So after 2 long flights and a layover in Paris, I am finally here. In bustling Nairobi. It's a cool city, a bit dirty and smelly but that just adds character. I've been sleeping a lot so I haven't had much time to explore and we leave tomorrow on our tour heading to the Massai Mara first. I have met several people in my tour group. I am the only American but you wouldnt know it. Everyone is very nice and we all seem to get along. My phone doesnt work...:( so I will have to buy a new sim card. ALthough still very jetlagged and with not much appetite (for fear of getting travelers sickness) I am excited and cant wait to get things going. PS. for all of those who said I would be burning here in East Africa due to the hot weather, you were very wrong...it's about 55 degrees!! so cold! Hopefully it will warm up a bit tomorrow. Best wishes, Laura

No comments: